The videos below provide a fresh perspective on the craft as well as useful tips and encouragement for aspiring writers. They have personally been very useful to me.
1. Elizabeth Gilbert ‘Your elusive creative genius’ – The author of ‘Eat, Pray, Love’ discusses the fears that come with being a creative person and concept of a disembodied genius
2. Andrew Stanton ‘The clues to a great story’ – The film maker gives insight into the art of storytelling
3. Lyra Communications ‘Top ten writing rules from famous writers’ – Practical tips from a list of famous writers
4. Ian McEwan’s advice for aspiring writers – The author of ‘Atonement’ talks about the usefulness or lack of thereof of creative writing programmes in the writing process
5. Toni Morrison Talks about her motivation for writing – The nobel prize winning author talks about being motivated by not wanting a piece of reality to be forgotten.